WHAT WE OFFER
PRIMARY HEALTHCARE SERVICES
- Onsite clinics within the workplace.
- Primary healthcare clinics accessible to the public and private sector – “My Health Clinics”
- General health education.
- Specialised health education.
- Treatment of general primary healthcare illnesses within the clinic facility based on the unique offering and drug formulary.
- Preventative care.
- Diagnostics and disease identification.
- Treatment and monitoring of acute and chronic illnesses within the primary healthcare environment.
- Referral to secondary healthcare services and tertiary healthcare services.
- Continuous offering of primary healthcare medications within the scope of this discipline of healthcare.
- Chronic disease management and treatment.
- Wound care.
- Home nursing services.
- Ante Natal and Post Natal Services.
- Baby Immunisation Clinic.
- Stress Assessment and Management Clinic.
- Basic Optometry.
- Basic Dentistry.
- Drug Testing.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTHCARE SERVICES
- Conducting occupational medical examinations based on legislative requirements within South Africa including the following:
- Pre-employment medicals.
- Periodic medicals.
- Exit medicals.
- Design and implementation of client specific occupational healthcare systems and services.
- Medical examinations include the following:
- Medical questionnaire and history taking.
- Physical examination.
- Urine testing.
- Glucose testing.
- Cholesterol testing.
- Height and weight measuring.
- Vision screening.
- Audio testing.
- Drug testing, if required.
- Spirometry Tests and Lung Function Tests.
- Health risk assessments.
- Medical surveillance and biological monitoring.
- Executive medicals.
- Mobile occupational health services.
- Reporting and provision of fitness certificates.
- Assistance with measures required based on outcome of medical examinations, fitness profiles and health risk assessments of employees to ensure business sustainability of each client.
- X-Rays and pathology tests not included – these diagnostic tests will be conducted upon approval of the client based on a separate costing.
- Treatment of IOD’s in the workplace where onsite clinics are in place.
- Assistance with the administration of IOD claims with the Department of Labour (Workman’s Compensation Claims).
- Assistance with follow-up appointments of staff who suffered an IOD.
- Assistance with follow-up on claims submitted.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANCE
- Assistance with health assessments when medical incapacity is considered.
- Advisory assistance with cases where health matters influence employee’s work performance.
- Sick note verification.
- Physical and emotional support for all employees diagnosed with chronic diseases or long-term illnesses within the workplace.
- Rendering assistance with the implementation of new health or wellness initiatives by the employer.
WELLNESS PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
Wellness management is the ongoing improvement of the general well being of an individual. This is achieved through various initiatives that are aligned with relevant and current healthcare information, disease data and general healthcare initiatives within the scope of reference of the individual. The main objective of the wellness programme is two-pronged:
- The improvement of the individual’s health and;
- The well being and the reduction in absenteeism rates for the employer as a direct result of healthier employees.
- Established and implementation of a wellness programme customised to each client.
- Strategic wellness programme designed in conjunction with the client.
- Implementation of ongoing and sustainable wellness initiatives within the workplace.
- Management of all wellness programme initiatives on a continuous basis, in close collaboration with the clinic facilities in place.
- Reporting and data collection of all wellness initiatives and drives.
- Ensuring measurable synergy between primary healthcare, occupational healthcare, Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) and wellness programmes to create and maintain a holistic employee health programme within the workplace.
WELLNESS DAY FACILITATION
- The product range varies from basic wellness day interventions to extensive wellness events within the workplace.
- Services include the awareness and marketing of the event within the workplace prior to the event. Posters and flyers are offered to ensure a good attendance and uptake on the day of the event.
- Assistance with budget planning for the event.
- PHP will take care of all logistical arrangements on wellness days.
- All necessary medical equipment and consumable stock will be provided including the removal of medical waste.
- PHP may provide branded promotional gifts as incentive schemes to ensure maximum attendance.
- Venue preparation.
- Entertainment on request.
- Booking and arrangements with external health service providers such as medical aids, fitness gyms and nutritionists.
- Testing on the day:
- Blood pressure testing.
- Glucose testing.
- Cholesterol testing.
- Eye testing.
- Body Mass Index (BMI).
- General health education and examinations.
- Pre-test counselling.
- Post-test counselling.
- Referral for further investigation when required.
STANDARD WELLNESS DAY REPORTS WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Statistics addressing attendance and results of the day:
- Number of employees who attended the event.
- Statistics addressing health concerns.
- Reporting on referrals made for such employees to seek additional diagnostic testing and possible treatment.
- Advisory comments for the use of the employer.
- Disease education based on relevant and current information available (HIV Workshops).
- Health education campaigns addressing HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, prevention, transmission and treatment.
- Implementation of wellness committees with the workplace.
- Implementation of support systems within the workplace such as Peer Education Programmes.
- Testing within our system for HIV:
- Pre-test counselling.
- Voluntary counselling and testing.
- Blanket screening/prevalence testing.
- Post-test counselling.
- Voluntary counselling and testing campaigns within the workplace.
- Continuous testing available within the clinic facilities at all times.
- Post-test support and care:
- Counselling services.
- Help line services.
- Online information services.
- Referral and support services.
- Continuous awareness and follow-up system:
- Monthly educational initiatives (posters, intranet newsletters, online advise and information, leaflets, educational pocket books)).
- Onsite counselling services.
- Off-site referral network.
DISEASE MONITORING AND TREATMENT:
- Diagnostic and disease management pathology testing including but not limited to CD 4 Counts, Viral Loads and Liver Function Tests, ultrasound and X-ray facilities.
- Multi-disciplinary team approach and treatment regime.
- Anto-retrovial Treatment based on the current successful protocols within the country.
- Treatment of opportunistic diseases within the primary healthcare offering.
- Preventative care and treatment.
- Continuous, personalised care for each individual including psychological care.
EAP – EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME
- Trauma counselling.
- General counselling for depression, stress, anxiety, etc.
- Life skill counselling.
- Crisis management.
- Conflict management counselling.
- Financial management advice.
The training programme of PHP Healthcare Providers covers a considerable range of disciplines, including first aid, and basic fire fighting medication. Emphasis is also placed on health and safety training and education through HIV workshops and wellness programmes.
Training facilities are accessible. All the latest aids are employed to make training both understandable and enjoyable. And we’re partnered with qualified, accredited assessors, facilitators and moderators, ensuring that PHP Healthcare training is of the highest standard.
PHP offers training courses presented by accredited facilitators, assessors and moderators. Listed below are some examples of PHP’s training courses:
- First Aid Level 1
- First Aid Level 2
- First Aid Level 3
- Paediatric First Aid
- HIV Workshops
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Health & Safety Representative
- Fire fighting
- Provide Security Response Services
- Training of Security Personnel
- Handling of weapons (various)
- Deal with armed robbery incidents
- Surveillance and monitoring of premises
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Stress Management
- Supervisory Management
- Time Management
- Operations Management
- Performance Management
- Telephone Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Computer Skills
PHP offers over 100 accredited courses. Contact us for a complete list of our accredited courses or visit our website.
- Occupational Health Services.
- Primary Health Care Services.
- HIV Management Services.
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED:
- My Health Clinics.
- Doctors on call.
- Nurses on call.
- Mobile apps for medical info/advice online via cell phones.